January 1, 2012 – Got word early that I was re-upped for 2012.
(yea yea, I’m slow. But hey, I’ve been busy…)
A big Thank You goes out to Microsoft and the SharePoint community for another year being recognized as a Microsoft SharePoint MVP. I am honored and humbled to be recognize in such a rich community filled with great speakers, authors, forum participants, consultants, vendors, users, and customers.
I don’t want to say that the honor is bitter-sweet, but while I am very excited, it does make one stop and think about all the people that make up our community: both those that are recognized and those that should be. The SharePoint community wouldn’t be what it is without everyone that participates and contributes on a regular basis. It’s risky to name a few because there are so many, but a few I want to mention are: Raymond Mitchell (@iwkid), Sarah Haase (@sarahhaase) and Mark Rackley (@mrackley).
So, what do we have to look forward to this year?
- Lots of ongoing user groups, both locally and online
- Our local group is the Minnesota SharePoint User Group (MNSPUG)
- More SharePoint Saturday and mini-conference events
- We are planning 2 this year in Minnesota (Twin Cities) starting with the first on April 14th. Last fall we had over 400 people in attendance!
- SharePoint Conference 2012 !!
- Likely with the first tidbits about vNext!
- Lots of other conferences and summits
- More SharePoint books on all kinds of topics
- We’ve got one coming in March… another post coming on that
Another fun year ahead in the SharePoint world – I hope to visit with lots of you throughout the year. Now, keep an eye on the SharePoint Saturday Twin Cities site. Registration will be opening soon!